Campbelltown has featured in the history of Australia from the earliest of European east coast settlement.
While many school students have heard that the cattle which escaped from the First Fleet herd were found at
The Cow Pastures, few realise that this was in the Campbelltown district.
Airds was proclaimed in 1810 and many land grants followed. This led to the building of many fine homesteads, with Governor Macquarie proclaiming Campbelltown a town on the 1st December 1820. Some of these homesteads have survived and we will feature some on the pages here.